Club Membership & Forum Access

Posted on
Page
of 3
/ 3
Last Next
  • CC London membership can be purchased here

Fully paid up members have access to the entire forum, including member only discussion and classifieds.

If you are a club member and require full forum access please message the moderators below, include the email address used to sign up via the BC website.

Beth Anderson +Beth
    Debra Stottor +DebStottor
    Jake Siney +Jake

• I just purchased membership ;)

• Welcome.

• Fantastic Helene. Great to meet you today, and brilliant you have joined, welcome aboard

• Welcome, was nice riding out with you.

• Thought i would say high,
    Am now a paid up member, looking forward to meeting more of you, Will only be doing Saturday rides at the moment,

• @Del Welcome.

• just joined up, refugee from rapha condor cc. will hopefully see you on a sunday ride, and maybe a few mornings around regents park. hoping to race a lot this season.

• @Cutter Welcome. I believe we passed you in High Barnet yesterday?

• that was me. did a nice 140k out in the chilterns with the very informal Whetstone Coffee Culture Cycling Club. think we've got 2 members. got to get my hands on some cc london kit and join you for a club run.

• Check Facebook as there is a post about winter kit stock.

• Hey everyone.

Just joined up to the club and spoken with Ian. I should be free to join you guys for a ride on Saturday so see you then :)

Phil

• Welcome Phil.

• Just joined last night.

• @William_Steele welcome. I've added you to the forum members list so you should have full access.

• Hi Folks,

Just joined CCL after joining the last couple of Wednesday rides, as well as this morning (white and black tarmac and flouro yellow helmet). Will be mainly a weekday rider for now. Thanks for making me feel welcome on the chat laps.

Best

SIMON

• Morning guys,

I'm new to London and have only been riding a few months. I'm up for coming down tomorrow (Tuesday) for one of your rides - riding solo is ok, but it would be cool to make some riding buddies. One question is how fast is the morning group? My best RP lap on Strava is 8.26 - I don't want to get left behind! I come from a DH mountain biking background and i'm still working on my fitness level. Would the evening be better?

Cheers

Paul

• Welcome Paul,

The Tuesday and Thursday park sessions are normally chaingang training sessions, we split into two groups but both are fairly brisk. Wednesday and sometimes Fridays are done at a more social pace. Due to the amount of traffic in the evenings I would recommend a morning session.

• Ah ok, thats cool. I'll come along Wednesday morning! I have a red Trek. I'll see some of you Wednesday folk then!

• Yay, just a quick message to say I have purchased my membership and also the British Cycling Race Silver Membership just to be on the safe side ;) Look forward to lots of riding with you guys n' gals. Oh, and hopefully some nice club kit on the next order :)

• Hi! I've officially joined and even changed CCL to my first claim club :-)
    I'm just back from holiday so will join the ladies again on Thursday morning, then I'll have to think about getting some kit so I can race with you all....

• Hi I just joined ! I'd love to get some kit too. Love the designs.

• Hey, I'm new to London and trying to find a club to join. ICC has been recommended to me, but I'm finding it difficult to get to their monthly 'intro' ride. Do you have something similar, or can I just turn up to a club run please? Which club run is best please? I've ridden in clubs before but don't have much mileage in my legs at the moment. Thanks, Amy

• Hi Amy,

Welcome to the CCL forum. You are very welcome to join any of our rides without joining the club. There are plenty to choose from at various paces / distances.

If you are unsure or just want to be conservative we always recommend starting with the Saturday morning ride. This meets at 8:30 for a 9:00 sharp start from Bike Boutique cafe in Winchmore Hill. Normally 60-80km and back between 12:00 and 1:00. Pace 22-24km/h and everyone is welcome and nobody gets dropped. Most of us who joined the club and were new to cycling or hadn't ridden for a while started with this one.

There's Sunday rides from 8:30 from Budgens East Finchley, normally with slower and faster groups.

If you live or work near central London we train in Regents Park. Slower laps (social pace) on Wednesdays and Fridays, faster training in Tuesday's and Thursday's. 7:00 at the zoo gates to 8:00 followed by a socialable coffee.

Feel free to post any more questions and hope to see you soon.

Simon

• Hello!

I have just purchased some CCL membership. Cheers!

Ali

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Club Membership & Forum Access

Posted by Avatar for Jake @Jake

Actions