Club Membership & Forum Access

Posted on
Page
of 3
Prev
/ 3
Next
  • Hi CC London, my name is Mik and have just signed up for this forum. Before purchasing a membership with you, I would like the opportunity to try out one of your rides and see how I cope. I used to ride a lot in Japan but that was almost a year and half ago and so would like to start all over again. Could you kindly let me know when and what kind of ride you plan to have tomorrow (15th May) or next weekend (21st or 22nd May)? Thank you.

• Hi Mik
    Welcome to CCL! Next weekend, we will have our usual rides. Saturday morning we start from Bike Boutique in Winchmore Hill, N21 (over the road from Winchmore Hill station), leaving at 9am - or meet for coffee from 8.30. This is usually about 40 miles at a steady pace, and we make sure that no one gets left behind. If you're at all unsure how you'll cope, this is probably the best place to start.
    Sunday rides start at 8.30am from Budgens in East Finchley (meet for coffee in Amicis over the road from 8am) - these are about 60 miles with a stop for coffee and cake about halfway, and tend to be slightly faster (but again, no one gets left behind).

We're a friendly bunch and look forward to seeing you on a ride soon!
    Debra

• Hi Debra, I sincerely apologise for not replying and notifying you of my absence last weekend. Although I cannot make it this coming Bank holiday weekend, I will make sure to attend the Saturday!! I look forward to seeing you and your team then.

Mik

• Mik - Don't worry, we look forward to meeting you soon. The Saturday arrangements Debra posted apply each and every week. Just come to the bike boutique and say hello.

Best

Simon

• Hi Simon. Thank you so much. I will see you very soon! Mik

• Hi all. Quick message to say hi. Joined CC London today after a nice ride with CC London yesterday. Look forward to meeting you out on the road soon. Nick

• Hi Nick, welcome, looking forward to riding with you. You need to fix your username from @user35999 to something more recognisable

Paul

• Thanks For the tip Paul. Username updated now. Nick

• Nick - Welcome to CCL and see you soon mate. Simon

• Hi all, this is Mik again. I just wanted to let you know I would like to try out your ride tomorrow. I look forward to seeing you at the Bike Boutique at 8:30.

• Come along, Mik.

Debra is leading tomorrow, so say hello.

• Hello all, after a number of excellent Sunday club rides I have joined CCL. Hoping to make some Regents Park sessions and as many Sunday rides as possible. Will be coming down this Sunday 12th so hope to see some familiar faces then.
    Safe Riding..

• Oh no, not another Simon, how are we ever going to keep up with so many Simons? ;) Just kiddin'! So far it has been a pleasure meeting each and every single one of the CCL Simons. :)

• Hello Sarah hopefully the addition of a new Simon will be just as agreeable as the original Simons.

• I have high hopes. The current Simon's are of a high calibre. In my, unbiased opinion !

• Completely unbiased obviously, never in any question.

I'm hoping to get onto some of these 200 mile rides,please let me know when the next one is planned.

I will be coming down this Sunday

• London to Kings Lynn via Cromer
    Saturday 2nd July
    05:30 from a North London meeting point (TBC)

http://shop.cc-london.com/collections/tr­ips/products/london-to-kings-lynn-2016

We need to update the forum / rides section!

• Hi all, just wanted to say a big thanks for letting me join your training session this morning - had an awesome time (well, as much as is possible during those kinds of efforts...) You all seem like a great bunch and am sorry I didn't get to chat to more of the group between catching my breath, hope I didn't slow you down too much!

Tom

• I'm interested in joining the club for Sunday club runs and would like to lead group rides. I'm an experienced group rider but not sure about the pace of the club runs and whether I would fit in. I usually ride at an average of 25kph on the flat and for a ride out into the Herts or Essex hills average about 20kph. I usually do about 60k on a Sunday in the winter months and up to 120k in the summer. I'm not interested in competitive rides or looking to improve my speed. Any comments from existing members about opportunities for more easy paced and social rides in the club to suit me?

• Hi Linus,

We are a sociable and friendly bunch at CCL (in my opinion). Our weekend group rides are foremost about riding together so everyone enjoys themselves. No one gets dropped. This is always more important than achieving a particular pace. Summary below to give you some idea, but just broad numbers. If we get more people then we do 2 groups, a normal pace and a faster pace group.

Saturdays - 0900 sharp start from Winchmore Hill - 60 to 80km - pace 22 to 24km/h
    Sundays - 0830 sharp start from East Finchley - 100 to 120km - pace 24 to 27km/h

Hope to see you soon, then !

Simon

• Hi All

I'm not on Facebook so can only post here.

9am Wednesday morning 6th July I'm going down to the Olympic park to ride the outside track for a few hours. I haven't been for a while and have a day off work so thought why not.

If anyone is not otherwise engaged would be good to see you there.

If we haven't meet before you can't miss me, I'm reasonably lofty with a shaved head and ginger beard.

(Ginger) Simon.

• @SimonL thanks for getting back to me. I think I would struggle to keep up with you guys. Ten years ago I'd have been ok but now I'd be holding you up. I'll keep checking in to the forum to see how the club develops and see if other opportunities come up. Happy riding.

• @LinusR why don't you try a Saturday run and see how you go? We don't drop folks. Saturday is the recommended ride for newbies, those who have rested a while, or just want to build up some confidence - or folk who just wake up on a sunny morning and fancy it!

Simon

• @SimonL is right @LinusR, Saturday rides are a good starter. Although having said that I don't think you'd have a problem on a Sunday ride in group 2. Your stats you quote would fit right in. Here's the one we did this week...
    https://www.strava.com/activities/628577­418
    ...so long as you're reasonably fit and happy to ride the best part of 100km you'll be fine. We don't drop anyone and the ride speed is adjusted to suit whoever comes along on the day.

• @SimonL & @Paul_Willis thanks for getting back to me. The Strava stats for the Whitwell ride is useful to have. But it shows a riding time of less than four hours for just under 100k. My time would be nearer five hours. Even sucking hard on someone's wheel six riders back I'd be struggling. Is that Strava stat for the faster group? That distance is ok but any rise in the road and I'm off the back. You might grow old waiting for me after Essendon hill.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Club Membership & Forum Access

Posted by Avatar for Jake @Jake

Actions