LinusR

Member since Jul 2016 • Last active Aug 2016
  • 0 conversations
  • 6 comments

Aging cyclist trying to keep up...

Most recent activity

• in Joining CC London

Thanks to @Neville and the rest of you for the ride this morning. Neville was only warming up but I was struggling to hold his wheel and after 20 minutes (at ftp for me) I'd had enough. Sorry for the lack of communication in advance to the guy riding at the back but I did tell Neville I was dropping out for a lie down. Hope you had a good ride. I'll leave you guys to get on with it without me holding you up!

• in Joining CC London

Ok. May see one Saturday.

• in Joining CC London

@SimonL & @Paul_Willis thanks for getting back to me. The Strava stats for the Whitwell ride is useful to have. But it shows a riding time of less than four hours for just under 100k. My time would be nearer five hours. Even sucking hard on someone's wheel six riders back I'd be struggling. Is that Strava stat for the faster group? That distance is ok but any rise in the road and I'm off the back. You might grow old waiting for me after Essendon hill.

• in Joining CC London

@SimonL thanks for getting back to me. I think I would struggle to keep up with you guys. Ten years ago I'd have been ok but now I'd be holding you up. I'll keep checking in to the forum to see how the club develops and see if other opportunities come up. Happy riding.

• in Joining CC London

I'm interested in joining the club for Sunday club runs and would like to lead group rides. I'm an experienced group rider but not sure about the pace of the club runs and whether I would fit in. I usually ride at an average of 25kph on the flat and for a ride out into the Herts or Essex hills average about 20kph. I usually do about 60k on a Sunday in the winter months and up to 120k in the summer. I'm not interested in competitive rides or looking to improve my speed. Any comments from existing members about opportunities for more easy paced and social rides in the club to suit me?

Actions